Social work supports people to adapt to life’s challenges and to enhance their wellbeing. Social workers consider your past and current experiences in empowering you in your physical, psychological and social circumstances and hopes for the future. At Adapt Lifestyle Support, we deliver social work services to adults living with neurocognitive disabilities, including Younger Onset Dementia.
David holds a master’s degree in social work and is an accredited member of the Australian Association of Social Workers. Experienced in delivering social work and mental health nursing services for many years, he can provide skilled help in adjusting to changes in health, lifestyle and relationships as well as resolving any associated personal and practical issues.
You can access Social Work from your NDIS Capacity Building supports budget.
Social Work Services from Adapt Lifestyle Support include:
- Counselling & Solution Focused Problem Solving
- Therapeutic Dementia Support including Cognitive Training, Cognitive Stimulation, Memory Support
- Sociolegal Support: Capacity for Decision Making and Substitute or Supported Decision Making arrangements, including Guardianship & Administration applications
- Personal Risk Assessments
- Behavioural Analysis and Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Carer Support & Education
All of our social workers are accredited with the Australian Association of Social Workers which is the gold standard for social workers. They attend regular clinical supervision to ensure you receive a professional and effective service.
The Accredited Social Worker Trade Mark communicates that David is a professionally educated and legitimate social worker, is a member of the AASW; and demonstrates an ongoing commitment to being up-to-date with the latest knowledge and professional approaches by undertaking required amount of annual professional development. The Accredited Social Worker who is using the logo commits to uphold and comply with the AASW’s Code of Ethics.